Defensive Firearm Classes
I subscribe to and strive to abide by the following code for firearms instructors:
The Professional Code of Defensive Shooting Instructors
1. I am committed to the safety of my students, and hold that the expected benefit of any training activity must significantly outweigh any known or perceived risk of that activity.
2. I believe that it is my responsibility to understand not just what I’m teaching, but WHY I’m teaching any technique or concept, or offering specific advice.
3. I recognize that defensive shooting skills, along with the drills and gear used, are inherently specialized and usually distinct from those of target shooting, competition and hunting endeavors.
4. I will encourage my students to ask questions about course material, and I will answer them with thorough and objective explanations.
5. I understand that Integrity and Professionalism are subjective traits and I strive to maintain high levels of both. I am capable of, and willing to, articulate the reasons for the way I conduct my courses and how I interact with students & peers.
6. I believe that it is valuable to engage my peers in constructive conversation about differences in technique and concept, with the goal of mutual education and evolution.
7. I believe that the best instructor is an avid student, and I will strive to continually upgrade my own skills and knowledge. As part of this belief, I understand that my own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution.
- NRA Certified Handgun instructor.
- Utah State Certified Concealed Firearm Permit instructor.
- Completed Front Sight Handgun/Sub machinegun instructor training.
- 2 Day Live Force on Force with Suarez International.
- Completed 64 hours of advanced training at Law Enforcement Training Camp (LETC).
I am also available for training on an individual basis at the rate of $50/hr.
To get information on our defensive firearm classes, click on the appropriate class link in the Main Menu on the left side of this page or on one of the following links: